Job opportunities at NIAM
National Indo- American Museum Internship Description
The National Indo-American Museum (NIAM) is seeking a video production graduate intern (Part-Time) to create videos for an upcoming exhibition entitled: E/Merge: Art of the Indian Diaspora.
From September 18 to March 31, 2021 NIAM will present an exhibition of artworks by established and emerging Indian American artists at its new museum building in Lombard, Illinois. E/Merge: Art of the Indian Diaspora. focuses on how nine select artists address contemporary concerns in their adopted homeland. Curated by a faculty member of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, this exhibition will be a landmark event, the first exhibition of
Indian American artists ever mounted by an Indian American Museum.
Scope of Work
The position start date is August 1, 2021
The graduate intern will assist in the creation and production of several short videos of interviews with artists, artist talks, presentations, performances, including some conducted on site in Lombard documenting the process of creating and installing the artworks. The position also requires editing of videos by the artists themselves in their own studios. Videos are intended for publicity and social campaigns as well as research and archival purposes, and may be released before, during and after the six-month run of the exhibition.
The ideal candidate will have
- Passion for people of color working in the arts, especially South Asians in the arts
- Interest in preserving the South Asian American experience.
- Knowledge of video editing software like Adobe Premiere, After Effects etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way on a deadline.
- Knowledge of semi-professional/professional still and video cameras and equipment, basic color correction and sound mixing with Premiere or other software is strongly required.
- The ability to shoot, edit, all related pre and post-production work in high quality observational documentary-style footage is required.